Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Vegan Chickpea Patties

Vegan Chickpea Patties

These vegan chickpea patties are seriously so good! I tried making these once before and they didn't come out right at all, they were still tasty but way too brittle and I found it quite hard eating it. So when I made them yesterday I made a few changes. I added a flax egg instead of no egg and left the mixture in the fridge for a while and it worked! They were still brittle but not so much that they would break while holding them. I had mine plain with some salad, but they would be so good in a wholemeal bun with some greens and tomatoes, yum. I need to make sure I have buns at home before making them again!

Makes 6

INGREDIENTS
Two 400g canned chickpeas
2 spring onions
Small bunch of coriander
Half tsp ground cumin
Half tsp ground coriander
Half tsp paprika
Half tsp salt
Half/1 green chili
2 tbs olive oil
1 flax egg

DIRECTIONS
1) Drain the chickpeas and add them to a blender
2) Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender too
3) Blend for a bit, making sure not to make into a paste
4) Add the mixture to a bowl
5) Add the flax egg to the bowl too and give it a good mix
6) Wet your hands and split the mixture into 6 balls
7) Make each ball into a pattie and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes
8) Heat a non stick pan on high and add a dash of oil
9) When oil is hot turn it to medium and add the kebabs
10) Heat for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway or until golden

How to make a flax egg:
1) Mix 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed with 3 tablespoons of water
2) Leave in the fridge for 20 minutes

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. This looks so good. Love to eat more vegan meals ☺
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of making chickpea patties, I feel like that's one of those things that are vegan friendly but you wouldn't really even notice you were eating vegan food, if that makes sense.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yea I agree and it makes total sense!

      Delete
  3. These look amazing! I love eating vegan once in a while :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm vegetarian and I really like this recipe :) thank you so much ! Maybe when I have time I'll try it. x

    aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, you should! Let me know if you liked it :)

      Delete
  5. So going to try this soon!

    www.thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! ♥ Leave your links!
Please do not promote posts/giveaways or ask follow for follow as it will be marked as spam.

© Spoon Full Of Yum | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig