Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Tomato and Coriander Quinoa Salad

Tomato and Coriander Quinoa Salad

Since eating healthier I've been experimenting and trying new things, one of the things I've tried is quinoa. I don't know what I was expecting, but I definitely didn't expect it getting stuck to everything it touched! The spoon, measuring scales and bowl was full of it, they're like tiny magnets! And I accidentally kind of burned it even though I followed the instructions on it...

Now let's move on, I'm slightly addicted to plum tomatoes, I could eat them all day, literally. There's family videos of me where I'm either holding a flower or a eating a tomato, see I told you I was addicted to them! Anyways, while shopping I came across those yellow and green tomatoes and I was like sure, lets try them too, they worked well in the salad!  

For some added protein I'd just add some grilled chicken or even some canned chickpeas. 

Serves 2

INGREDIENTS
25g quinoa
Half a cucumber
16 assorted tomatoes
1 spring onion
2 romaine letuce leaves
Small bunch of coriander
2 tbs lemon/lime
Half tsp salt 

DIRECTIONS
1) Cook the quinoa according to the packets instructions and set aside to cool
2) Cut the cucumber into chunks and the tomatoes in half/quarters
3) Finely slice the spring onions, lettuce and coriander
4) Put the quinoa, and add the chopped things into a bowl
5) Add the remaining ingredients too and toss well

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. That looks and sounds amazing, I always neglect quinoa but I must eat it more!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny (and true) about quinoa, it really does get everywhere! I love the sound of this salad, anything healthy for me has to be really tasty. Sounds great!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I didn't expect it to be like that at all!

      Delete
  3. This looks wonderfully refreshing... she says tucking into a hot chocolate haha. No but really, I love the inclusion of tomatoes - so many seem to leave that ingredient out of salads at the moment!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, for me tomatoes are a must in salads!

      Delete
  4. My mouth is watering....... It looks delicious!!!
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! ♥ Leave your links!
Please do not promote posts/giveaways or ask follow for follow as it will be marked as spam.

© Spoon Full Of Yum | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig