Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Goji Berry and Blood Orange Smoothie

Goji Berry and Blood Orange Smoothie

I know goji berries have really good health benefits, but there's one problem: I find it hard eating them. So the simplest thing to do in this kind of situation is to add it to a smoothie! Who's with me? The benefits will still be there but none of that goji berry flavour. I've only ever tried dried goji berries so maybe the non dried version tastes different, I'll have to try it sometime! 

Anyways, when I was thinking about making this smoothie, somehow my head imagined it to be a red so I was surprised when it turned out to be orange! I should have realised that red and yellow ingredients will of course make an orange smoothie. 

Let's move on to that blood orange, it was such a lovely colour when I juiced it, sort of a coral colour. I would totally make a banana and blood orange smoothie just for that gorgeous colour! I also added some sourness with the lemon which worked really well, lemon actually has natural fat burning properties so it's a good smoothie to help keep in shape!

Goji Berry and Blood Orange Smoothie

Makes enough to fill a mason jar

INGREDIENTS
1 blood orange
1 lemon
Handful of goji berries
2 banana
100ml water
1 tbs linseed
1 tbs honey

DIRECTIONS

1. Juice the orange and lemon and put into the blender

2. Peel and chop the banana and put into blender too

3. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend 

SHARE:

26 comments

  1. That looks and sounds really good. I often use goji berries on top of my porridge with some fresh slices of banana too. I like to mix it up :D

    - LS
    http://www.sephira.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good, I'll give it a try!

      Delete
  2. This sounds and looks incredible, I bet I would love this. I actually used to dislike eating goji berries as well until I found a particular brand of goji berries that were a lot softer than the ones I'd eaten in the past. Now I love them! They're really good on top of any kind of yoghurt + granola or oatmeal combo especially.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll look for other brands to try, maybe I'll like them too :)

      Delete
  3. That looks delicious, I should really try to make smoothies. I often have orange juice in the morning but that's as adventurous as it gets haha. xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, orange juice is just as yummy!

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely going to need to try this out tomorrow morning! Thans for sharing, and wow what a great blog you got! xo

    www.thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much, it means a lot :)

      Delete
  5. This looks sooo yummy and healty! Goji berries are amazing for your body :)

    aishettina.blpgspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so delicious! I actually never tried goji berries before!

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, I'll definitely make it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it turns out! :)

      Delete
  8. Healthy Living for the win :) I love Lemon and orang, it gives me the protection against various illnesses

    Happy Blogging! God Bless!
    Mac Valdez | Estudyante Travels

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this combination is such a fab idea! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really good! Bookmarking for the future. :p

    xx
    jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never tried a Goji berry! This smoothie looks so delicious and a combination I haven't really heard of before :) Your entire blog looks amazing, it's making me so hungry!

    Becki, xo
    www.beautyandthebrunette.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Becki, that means a lot to me!

      Delete
  12. This looks like something I will enjoy. So creamy and yummy!! Thanks for sharing, beautiful. :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow the smoothie looks pretty good <3

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! ♥ Leave your links!
Please do not promote posts/giveaways or ask follow for follow as it will be marked as spam.

© Spoon Full Of Yum | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig