Friday, 5 February 2016

Banana and Mango Green Smoothie

Banana and Mango Green Smoothie

I've got to admit that is my first time trying a green smoothie, I've heard of them and they just didn't seem to appeal to me much. That was until a few days ago, I wanted to give it a try and I was not disappointed! I've done a mango and banana smoothie way too many times and it's my favourite, so I just added a handful of spinach and hoped for the best. I couldn't even tell that I was drinking spinach and it was just as tasty! 

From now on spinach green smoothies are going to be a regular for me. I might actually try some other greens like kale and rocket, I haven't had kale before so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out!

Banana and Mango Green Smoothie

Makes enough to fill a mason jar

INGREDIENTS
Handful of baby spinach leaves 
150ml almond milk
1 small mango
1 banana
1 tsp sunflower seeds 

DIRECTIONS

1. Put the spinach leaves and almond milk in the blender and whizz

2. Peel, deseed and cut the mango and add into the blender

3. Add the remaining ingredients and whizz until smooth

SHARE:

26 comments

  1. This looks amazing - I'm saving this recipe on bloglovin' always on the look out for yummy and healthy ideas! :)
    ♥ Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds so amazing! And it's so healthy (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE green smoothies! I have them all the time! have you ever tried a hidden greens smoothie before? they are the best, my favorite is actually a chocolate hidden greens one- its like drinking a chocolate milkshake, but also consuming a lot of greens you cannot taste. I actually made a recipe about it over on my blog. also, there is this one smoothie that uses kale, banana, apple, ginger, cinnamon and a whole bunch of other stuff that just tastes so heavenly...yum. so I like smoothies, if you didn't know. ;)

    http://cynicalduchess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, a chocolate smoothie with greens in it that you can't taste?! Sounds so good! I'll have a look at it on your blog :) That second smoothie sounds good too!

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried any green smoothies. I figured they'd taste weird, haha! I do love banana and mango smoothies. Might give it a try once mangoes are back in season in my country. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    Love, Richel. | Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that'd exactly what I thought!

      Delete
  5. This is the kind of green smoothie that I would actually like, I think the combo of banana and mango makes everything taste amazing as well!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, because the mango and banana have such a strong flavour :)

      Delete
  6. This looks yummy, definitely gonna have to give it a go xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Healthy living for life :)

    Happy Blogging! God Bless!
    Mac Valdez | Estudyante Travels

    ReplyDelete
  8. This actually sounds like a green smoothie I would like haha, I can't usually stomach the thought of drinking veg but I guess the other ingredients mask the spinach in this one!
    Amy xx Call Me Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...this sounds and looks delicious - thanks for the recipe! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks delicious! I haven't gotten into making smoothies, but this looks so yummy!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so good! I'm starting to slowly transition into living a healthier lifestyle and I realised that I have no idea how to make a smoothie and I love mangoes! So this will definitely be the first ever smoothie for me to try making (fingers crossed, I don't screw it up!)

    www.mazrawrs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, hope it goes well for you! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! ♥ Leave your links!
Please do not promote posts/giveaways or ask follow for follow as it will be marked as spam.

© Spoon Full Of Yum | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig