Friday, 19 February 2016

Banana and Citrus Smoothie

Banana and Citrus Smoothie

Now, this smoothie may not look very colourful but I can assure you it's just as yummy!  First there's a nice citrus taste and then it gets taken over by a sudden nutty flavour, so good. I used some oranges and a lime but I'm sure any other citrus fruit will work well in this, next time I'm going to try lemons and satsumas!

I recently discovered linseed, there's a brown version and a golden version. I'm not quite sure what the difference is but I decided to pick the brown ones. I absolutely love them and I've been adding them to literally everything! To my breakfast, in my smoothie and even salads, they have good health benefits and add flavour so why not, right?

Makes enough to fill a mason jar

INGREDIENTS
2 oranges 
1 lime
150ml almond milk
2 bananas
2 tbsp rolled oats 
1 tbsp linseed 

DIRECTIONS

1. Juice the oranges and lime and put into the blender along with the almond milk

2. Add the linseed and give it a whizz until blended 

3. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend 

SHARE:

23 comments

  1. I've never actually had a banana and citrus smoothie before but I'll definitely have to try it sometime! :)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this sounds so tasty, I've combined citrus and banana but as I love both, I'll definitely give it a go!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neeny, I am so trying this smoothie! Sounds delish :)

    Xoxo, Shelly

    www.arizonagirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this sounds delicious! I love banana's but I definitely don't think often about citrus.. awful actually!
    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this combination! I used to make citrus amd banana smoothies, will need to do it again. They were absolutely delicious! I also love using oats, linseeds and chia seeds :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried chia seeds before, I need to try them!

      Delete
  6. This looks interesting, Neeny! I've never mixed up any fruit smoothie before - it always has been just plain banana smoothie, but now you've given me the idea of how to add some zest and more flavour to it, and it doesn't seem so difficult at all. Thank you for sharing, this would definitely be really refreshing for a breakfast drink. :)

    Dian
    The Happy Candle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to normally just have banana smoothies too but I have been changing it up and I love it!

      Delete
  7. Simple easy and delicious! What's not to love :) I can't wait to try it, I'm really enjoying finding new healthy recipes at the minute and this seems perfect :)

    Lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a good combination!! yummy!!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Nice recipe. I will definitely try this :)

    Happy Blogging! God Bless!
    Mac Valdez | Estudyante Travels

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing <3
    xoxo

    http://www.beausian.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just discovered your blog! Bookmarked it. Great post!! would def try this recipe once.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a total smoothy lover, and drink them most in the summer. I do want to get back to drinking a smoothy a day. Thanks for the recipe and for visiting my blog recently. I'll be following you from now on through Bloglovin. :)) Hope you will follow me as well! Have a great weekend!

    xx,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Neeny, we miss you. Hope to see you posting again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Neeny, we miss you. Hope to see you posting again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! ♥ Leave your links!
Please do not promote posts/giveaways or ask follow for follow as it will be marked as spam.

© Spoon Full Of Yum | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig