Friday, 29 January 2016

Tropical Mango and Papaya Smoothie

Tropical Mango and Papaya Smoothie

Today I'm going to go ahead with a smoothie, because who doesn't love a smoothie?! One of my favourites is a mango and papaya smoothie, lots of exotic flavours mixed together, so yum!

I've got to admit that this is the first time I've ever had passion fruit. I randomly came across it and thought: yep, today's the day I buy it! I didn't even know the outer shell was not edible, I was planning on using the seeds in the smoothie and just eating the rest. It's a good thing I googled it and found out before I had it! And just incase you haven't had it before either, it was harder cutting into the shell than I thought it would be, and it has a pretty strong smell and taste for such a small fruit!

Anyways, this smoothie reminds me of a hot summer day so all the more reason to have it! Who drinks for nutrients anyways? (definitely me from now on)

Tropical Mango and Papaya Smoothie

Makes enough to fill a mason jar

Ingredients
1 ripe papaya
1 small mango
2 passion fruit
1 banana
200ml orange juice
1 tbsp sesame seeds

DIRECTIONS

1. Peel, deseed and cut the mango and papaya into chunks and add into the blender

2. Half the passion fruit and scoop the seeds into a sieve over the blender and squeeze the juice out

3. Add the remaining ingredients and whizz until smooth

And there you have it, one yummy and nutritious smoothie! Oh and if you want a cold smoothie then just freeze the papaya or mango in advance :)

SHARE:

18 comments

  1. This smoothie sounds divine ♥ Your new hubby is so lucky to have you in his life to make delicious treats for him :) I know this is late but congrats on your wedding!!!

    Xoxo, Shelly

    www.arizonagirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Shelly, means a lot! :)

      Delete
  2. Mmmmm...it looks amazing! Love anything withpassion fruit and mango <3

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious, I think I'll have to make this just to have my first experience with passion fruit! x

    Jodie // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this! I'm loving your blog so far - I've also recently just started on my healthy living journey and I'm always on the hunt for great healthy recipes! :) xx

    Kayleigh | http://kayleighmakesup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much, I hope it helps you! :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds delicious, I really need to get myself a blender so I can start making smoothies!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've ever tried passion fruit before, actually, which is odd, because I swear I must've tried it somewhere before. Anyway, thank you for sharing this lovely recipe, Neeny! It's my first time on Spoon Full of Yum and I'm loving the vibrant aesthetic of it!

    May | THE MAYDEN | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need this smoothie in my life ASAP

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! ♥ Leave your links!
Please do not promote posts/giveaways or ask follow for follow as it will be marked as spam.

© Spoon Full Of Yum | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig